The High Desert Community Foundation administers a number of annual scholarship funds with various requirements.
Applications for the 2016-2017 academic year will be available in January, 2017. Applications for the following scholarships will be available on the website and in your high school counseling office. Scholarship recipients for 2017 will be announced at their respective high school award ceremonies in May or June. The eligibility criteria for each of these scholarships is listed below.
- Carollee Stater Memorial Scholarship
- Applicant must be planning to attend Victor Valley Community College.
- Clarence Muirhead Memorial Scholarship
- Applicants must have participated in cross country. Please contact your A.V.H.S. Career Guidance Specialist for the criteria.
- Florence Lindberg Memorial Scholarship
- Applicant must be a resident of Adelanto.
- HDCF Board Choice Scholarship
- Applicant must be actively involved in the High Desert community.
- Irene Somerset Gould Memorial Scholarship
- Applicant must be female and pursuing a business related career.
- Siverts Publishing Scholarship
- Applicant must be pursuing a degree in one of many communication disciplines.
- Tanya Gordon Memorial Scholarship
- Applicant must be from a middle class income family, not otherwise eligible for financial aid.
- Trever Bennett Memorial Scholarship
- Applicant must be pursuing a degree in an artistic field.
Rick Gabrielson Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is limited to specific high schools in the High Desert. Check with your school’s guidance counselor to see if it is available at your school.
Dreamers, Visionaries & Leaders Scholarships
Please go to www.dvlproject.com for DVL Scholarship information.
This is currently a closed scholarship. It is solely for the use of the 2016 graduates from AVHS, and remains open for funding from Sept 2016 – Sept 2019.
Would you like to support continuing education through Scholarships?
Donations are welcomed and greatly appreciated! You may make a check to HDCF (High Desert Community Foundation) with the specific Scholarship your donation will support in the memo section. Send to HDCF, 16000 Apple Valley Road C3, Apple Valley, CA 92307. You may also donate via PayPal: